Wednesday, September 23, 2009

smARTwool Gallery Artist: Trine Bumiller


We hear many people come in and say that we have one of the best Smartwool collections in the area. We love to carry the Smartwool brand because of the quality, function and fun patterns. We are very proud of the selection we provide. A few seasons ago Smartwool began to create a smARTwool Gallery featuring different artists. This year’s artist is none other than Trine Bumiller.

If you have not seen Trine’s artwork you are missing out! I have to admit I hadn’t heard of Trine myself until our new Smartwool socks came in. Immediately I began searching for more information about this artist because her socks were so dang cute! The designs are inspired by her “Tending my Father’s Garden” series which she created after her father’s passing. Through painting she was able to cope with the loss of her father and celebrate his life. The paintings are beautiful and being from the Northwest I fell in love with the nature patterns and the bold colors she used.

I would absolutely love to have a painting done by Trine, but until then I will settle with wearing her artwork on my feet! We have three great styles featuring Trine’s work: a Non-Cushion, a Cushion and a Knee-High! All of them have great patterns and my personal favorite is the Natural History/Non Cushion in the blue and red color pattern (middle). I can’t wait to buy a few more pairs once the weather starts getting colder!

No comments:

Post a Comment